Sunday, February 19, 2012

General Mommy

Saturday afternoon. Mommy is cleaning dishes. Daddy is playing with the boys in the family room.

Bean: (Puts his fingers in his mouth and pretends to whistle) "Daddy! Didn't you hear me? I said wooo wooo" (Again puts his fingers in his mouth and pretends to whistle.)

Daddy: "Yeah, I heard you. Great whistle."

Bean: "Daddy, when I whistle like that you are supposed to come to me right away."

Daddy: "Um, I think you must have mistaken me for Ernie. I'm not a dog."

Bean: "Daddy, I know you aren't a dog. You are my Daddy and you are suppose to come here  when I whistle."

Mommy is listening to this conversation. She peaks around the corner and catches Daddy's eye. They both look at each other wondering where Bean got this notion.

Daddy: "Um, I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to come running when you whistle."

Bean: "Yes you are Daddy. You are suppose to come to me right away and then you are suppose to go like this. (Bean then shows Daddy how he should salute.)

Daddy: "Well, I know I'm definitely not supposed to salute you. It's supposed to be the other way around. Besides, I only have one person in this house that I have to answer and salute to. Her name is Mommy."


2 comments:

  1. Maybe he's been watching The Sound of Music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy, the lawyer, has all the right comebacks :)

    ReplyDelete